The initial effort focused on an online campaign for ValleyCrest’s Golf Course Maintenance outsourcing services. Rather than taking a traditional B2B lead generation approach using hard-sell tactics based on a linear, one-direction sales funnel, we developed a campaign that emphasized the business value of selecting an outsourced solution. This approach recognizes customer behaviors distinct to the Explore phase of the buying journey, when the prospect is looking for unbiased help.
Instead of presenting ValleyCrest as THE solution to the prospect’s problem, the goal was to establish awareness of ValleyCrest as a trustworthy subject matter expert. At this point, we focused on:
- Leveraging online data to target highly relevant prospects and, ultimately, influence their purchasing behavior.
- Making an impact early during the Explore phase, when the prospect is often conducting research anonymously.
- Allowing prospects to learn about ValleyCrest in a guided, voluntary process before any contact was initiated by sales department.
Our solution combined:
- Content development that positioned ValleyCrest as a thought-leader in the art, science and business of outsourced golf course maintenance and innovator that is shaping the future of the category.
- Relevant digital media placement to reach the appropriate audience.
- A technology stack incorporating web analytics to optimize our tactics.