BusinessOnline guided the American Red Cross Biomedical Services through an engagement initially focused on consolidating 30+ regional websites into one site. The organization had 30+ regional websites without a unified online presence. This led to inconsistencies in critical information such as blood drive schedules, sub-optimal search engine optimization, and varied brand presence. We addressed these areas with a thoughtful, customized and well executed plan.
BusinessOnline helped bring consistency to their online brand presence– a big part which is their online presence. User feedback was also very positive – emphasizing ease-of-use and intuitive organization. We made it simpler for users to get answers related to donations. From an operational standpoint, the cost to host and maintain their online presence was reduced significantly.
- 19% increase in online blood donation appointments scheduled due to the new website
- 13% increase in potential lives saved attributed to the new website (online scheduling currently realizes a 69% show rate for those that schedule appointments)
- An overall increase in volunteer sign-ups including one Region whose sign-ups increased by 400%
- More interaction on the site than ever before. Engagement that was previously non-existent has culminated to an average of 100 donor stories a month attributed to the new functionality
- An average of 500 leads for new blood drives a month, a 50% increase from the previous system