YouTube’s “Promoted Videos” tool has allowed many marketers to stand out among the thousands upon thousands of videos flooding the web. Keyword-based targeting gives you control over which search terms trigger your video promotion and you only pay only when someone clicks to watch your video.
What many people may not be aware of is that when you sign up on YouTube for a Promoted Video account, agree to the Google AdWords Advertising Policies and get accepted, you’ll be able to utilize a free, extra feature called, “Call-to-Action Overlay.” This exciting feature allows you to add call-to-action overlays on all of your “promoted videos” on YouTube. This call-to-action will only remain active for the duration of your Promoted Video campaign and it will not be a permanent feature of your video.
To Create a Call-To-Action overlay for your Video follow these 6 simple steps below:
- Sign into your YouTube Account at http://www.youtube.com
- Click “Account” at the top of your YouTube dashboard.
- Click “Uploaded Videos” under “My Videos”
- Click “Edit” next to the video that you want to create your call-to-action overlay on.
- Fill in all of the required fields under “Call –To-Action Overlay”
- When you have finished making all the changes to your video, click “Save Changes”
Remember, in order to have the call-to-action-overlay, you will need to apply for the Promoted Video campaign. There is nowhere that states what the magic number of views, subscribers, or posted videos are required before an account will be accepted by YouTube, but I would wait a while for your account to age and gain some trust from YouTube before applying for the program. If you do not get accepted it will take another 3 months until YouTube will let you reapply.
If you believe that your YouTube channel has been well established, apply today and start increasing video views with the help of Call-To- Action Overlays.